Know Your Parents’ Dementia Risk!
Do you know your parents’ risks of getting Alzheimer’s disease or a related disorder? Take this quick screen, learn their risk factors and see what you can do to minimize the risk to their wellbeing and safety.
- Do they have more memory lapses than they did five (5) years ago?
- Have they been sad for more than two weeks?
- Have they had changes in their sleep patterns?
- Do they smoke, or drink more than 1 alcoholic beverage daily?
- Do they have a first-degree relative (parent/brother/sister) with dementia or Down’s Syndrome?
- Have they ever had head injury or loss of consciousness for more than 5 minutes?
- Are they being treated for cholesterol problems, high blood pressure or diabetes?
- Are they more than 20% over their ideal weight?
- Do they have stress on a regular basis?
- Could they have a vitamin deficiency (B12, thiamine) or thyroid disorder?
0-2 Minimal Risk 3-5 Moderate Risk 6-10 High risk
- Are they over age 65?
Determine which of these risk factors are modifiable and learn what you can do TODAY to maximize elder wellness and quality of life.
Bonus & Free Podcast Dementia vs Alzheimer’s Disease
Call us at 860.920.1810 or contact us by email to learn about our services and pricing and to make a consultation appointment today.
This screen cannot and should not be used as a substitute for a thorough exam by a skilled doctor. Thorough diagnosis includes a variety of tests including blood work, psychosocial and cognitive exam, family history, and in some cases CT scan and other tests.