Know Your Dementia Risk!
Do you know your risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease or a related disorder? Take this quick screen, learn your risk factors and see what you can do to minimize your risk.
- Do you have more memory lapses than you did five (5) years ago?
- Have you experienced sad mood for more than two weeks?
- Have you had changes in your sleep habits?
- Are you a smoker?
- Do you have a first-degree relative (parent/brother/sister) with dementia or Down’s syndrome?
- Have you ever had a head injury or loss of consciousness for more than 5 minutes?
- Are you being treated for cholesterol problems, high blood pressure or diabetes?
- Are you more than 20% over your ideal weight?
- Do you have stress on a regular basis?
- Could you have a vitamin deficiency (B12, thiamine) or thyroid disorder?
0-2 Minimal Risk 3-5 Moderate Risk 6-10 High risk
- Are you over age 65?
Determine which of your risk factors are modifiable and learn what you can do TODAY to minimize your risk of getting dementia.
Bonus & Free Podcast Dementia vs Alzheimer’s Disease
Call us at 860.920.1810 or contact us by email to learn about our services and pricing and to make a consultation appointment today.
This screen cannot and should not be used as a substitute for a thorough examination by a skilled doctor. Thorough diagnosis includes a variety of tests including blood work, psychosocial and cognitive exams, family history, and in some cases CT scan and other tests.