If you order through Amazon, remember to sign up for AmazonSmile and assign Hebrew HealthCare as your charity: your gift is twice as nice.
(No endorsement of products or companies is implied here – this is a simple listing of resources to help families with holiday gift ideas.)
Hobby and Leisure
- Puzzles – from four piece to 48 pieces, these are age appropriate content that enable puzzle lovers to be successful. alzstore.com
- Crosswords – Reminiscing through the 20th Century is an adapted puzzle book. alzstore.com
- Games – “I Got It!” is a game that combines cards and Bingo, perfect for middle stage memory problems. alzstore.com
- Games – “What’s missing?” cards, “Gossips”, and “Happy Days”. memoryjoggingpuzzles.com
- Games – Quirkle is like Dominoes but uses colors and shapes with good contrast on easy-to-manipulate wooden squares. best-alzheimers-products.com
- Music – an iPod Shuffle or Touch and over-the-ear headphones will enable us to make personalized playlists. Donate your old CDs to help build our library for all.
- Reading – based in solid research, adapted books bring reading back to people with advanced memory problems. reading2connect.com
- Activities – Whole Brain Workouts, available in book, activity cards or cd-rom at attainmentcompany.com
- Reminiscence – Shake Loose a Memory at best-alzheimers-products.com
- Memory games – “Connect: Memory Enhancing Game” at best-alzheimers-products.com
- For families – happyneuron.com, www.brainmetrix.com and www.sharpbrains.com are great resources.
- Videos – Chair Yoga, Sit & Be Fit at sitandbefit.org, Life’s a Celebration from www.chairdancing.com, or GentleFitness at www.gentlefitness.com
- Equipment – Exercise peddler, Theraband sets, adjustable wrist weights andmore at parentgiving.com
Quality of Life
- Communication – from simple communication books to tablet-style communication tools, attainmentcompany.com/agingresources
- Talking Photo Album – uses your standard 4×6 photos and lets you record a message for each picture. attainmentcompany.com
- Alternative Television – Nature videos, respite DVDs, and reminiscence stories at best-alzheimers-products.com